注册 登录  
 加关注
   显示下一条  |  关闭
温馨提示!由于新浪微博认证机制调整,您的新浪微博帐号绑定已过期,请重新绑定!立即重新绑定新浪微博》  |  关闭

chinaxiaoenemma的博客

 
 
 

日志

 
 

useful and nice sentences  

2012-09-11 11:06:53|  分类: useful and nice |  标签: |举报 |字号 订阅

  下载LOFTER 我的照片书  |

1---A home without love is no more a home than a body without a soul is a man.

没有爱的家不能称其为家,就像没有灵魂的躯体不能称之为人一样。

2---他很生气地对他的儿子说,“从这个房间滚出去!”

He said to his son in an angry voice, " Get out of the room. ""

3---老师很生气的对他说,“你好蠢啊!

The teacher got angry and said: "What a fool!"

4---He was so touchy--a word from her would set him off.

他是这样急躁,她说一句话就会引起他生气。

5---The lady who is a merchant as good as promised me. that she would adopt me to help me to improve my english.

       那位夫人是一位商人答应我一样好。她将收养我,帮助我提高我的英语水平。

       6---One may as well not know a thing at all as know it but imperfectly.

与其对一件事情一知半解,还不如根本什么都不知道!

7---Those pigs of girls eat so much.

那些女子象猪一样,吃那么多。

8---They say that he had no university education, but he seems to be something of a scholar.

据说他从未上过大学,但他看上去好象学者的样子。

9---He was all gentleness to her.

他对她非常的温柔。

10---She had said what it was necessary to say. She does not waste words.

她已经说了一切有必要说的话。他从不说废话。

11----He is not so much intelligent as uneducated.

与其说他不聪明,不如说他缺乏教育。

She is not so much artless as naive.

与其说她是天真不如说她幼稚无知。

12----nothing is more precious than time

       没有什么比光阴更可贵

       13---She can not only sing but too dance.

她不仅会唱歌而且会跳舞。

14---Friends, generous to each other, can not be too demanding.

朋友,互相不能要求太多。 交朋友,也要宽宏相待,不能过于苛求。

15---He ran so fast that nobody else could catch up with him. /catch him up.

他跑得太快了,以至于没有其他人能赶得上他。

16---The novel is at once pleasing and instructive.

这部小说即让人开心又具有教育意义。

17----every man is not polite, and all are not born gentlemen

       不是每个人都有礼貌,也不是所有人生来就有绅士风度  不见得每个人都彬彬有礼,也并非所有的人天生就是绅士。

       18---how much time are you available?

       19---The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with,never say

       a word,and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

        最好的朋友就是那种能和你促膝而坐,彼此不说只字片语,分别时却感到这是你有过的最好的一次交流!

       20--- Dream what you want to dream;go where you want to go;be what you want to be,

        because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

        做你想做的梦吧,去你想去的地方吧,成为你想成为的人吧,因为你只有一次生命,一个机会去做所有那些你想做的事。

        21---The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of

        everything that comes along their way.

        幸福之人并非拥有一切,只是尽力享受生活的赐予。

        22---Could you say something about yourself? Could you sell yourself within a few minutes?
        23---What do you think is your greatest weakness? May I know it?
        24---Why do you wanna  work for us? What makes you come here today?
        25---Ok, now if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
        26---In the middle of something?" (正在忙吗?)
        27---What are you up to?" (进展的如何了)

        28---Can you just give me a ballpark figure?    能不能给我一个大概的数字.
        29---Shelly just called in sick.     Shelly 刚打电话来请病假.

        30--He suggested we should go to eat after my graveyard shift.
    他建议说我们可以在我的大夜班之后一起去吃东西.
        31---I work on the graveyard shift."  

        例如, "We have to work in three shifts to keep the company running." (我们必须轮三班制来保持工厂的运转.)

        我想大家都知道三班制就是日夜, 小夜班和大夜班. 在英文里日班就是 day shift 或是 regular shift,

        小夜班是 night shift. 那大夜班呢? 有一个很有趣的讲法, 叫 graveyard shift. 所以如果你要说明自己上的是大夜班,

        就可以这样说, "I work on the graveyard shift."

        32---I am only a regular 9-to-5er.    我只是一个平凡的朝九晚五上班族.

        "I don't want to work 9 to 5 for the rest of my life." (我不想一辈子都作朝九晚五的工作.)
        33---I refuse to work overtime during the weekend.    我拒绝在周末时加班.

        例如老板叫你作一些额外的工作, 你可以说, "If you pay me double time, I'll do it." (如果你付我双倍的工资,

        我就去做.) 再造一句, "I like to work on holidays because I am on time and a half." (我喜欢在假日时工作, 因为这时的工资算一倍半.)

        34---"Could you please just put her on the phone?" (你能不能请她来听电话啊?) 反过来如果今天是你接到了电话,

        结果要找的是别人, 你就可以说, "Ok. I'll put her on the phone. Just a second." (好, 我会请她听电话, 请稍等一下.)

        35---Would you mind holding for one minute?    你介不介意稍微等一分钟啊?

        "Sorry, I am still on the phone. Could you hold for another minute?" (对不起, 我还在讲电话, 能不能再请你稍候一分钟.)

        36---She is not here but you can call her machine.    她不在这里, 但是你可以打她的电话答录机

        37---I was referred to you by Mr. Gordon.     我是 Gordon 先生介绍我来的.

        38---We are our own worst enemy.(最大的敌人,便是自己)







 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  评论这张
 
阅读(140)| 评论(0)
推荐 转载

历史上的今天

在LOFTER的更多文章

评论

<#--最新日志,群博日志--> <#--推荐日志--> <#--引用记录--> <#--博主推荐--> <#--随机阅读--> <#--首页推荐--> <#--历史上的今天--> <#--被推荐日志--> <#--上一篇,下一篇--> <#-- 热度 --> <#-- 网易新闻广告 --> <#--右边模块结构--> <#--评论模块结构--> <#--引用模块结构--> <#--博主发起的投票-->
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

页脚

网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2017